Wednesday, May 26, 2010

this saturday...

... I will be participating in my first show as a full-blown vendor! The venue is called Market Day and the show is held on the last Saturday of each month from May-October and then on Black Friday in November. There will be a mix of vintage, art and handmade, all with an Indie flair. And it's located about one block from the DM Farmers Market...


I'm really excited but soooo nervous. Granted I've helped my mom at the local antique show in Valley Junction [which we are doing on June 13th- more on that another time], but I have never have signed up for, organized for and set up for a show all on my own. I was asked to participate based on my vintage shop on Etsy but thought I could also have for sale some of my craft items I've been making. Well, getting the vintage stuff picked out, cleaned up and priced (thanks, Mom, for your help!) took a little longer than I anticipated ... plus I had to design business cards, come up with signage, etc, which means the handmade will be light this month. 

My biggest fear is that I haven't selected the right type of items and it took me forever to decide what to take but I just decided to go with my gut feeling. Hopefully it will pay off! If not, I can adjust for June, right?

I can't wait to meet all of the other local artisans, crafters and vintage sellers! If any of you are in Des Moines this weekend, please stop by... I would love to see you!