Thursday, February 4, 2010

vintage find...

I found this beautiful Smith-Corona typewriter today! It's a mid-century, teal blue, and portable Corsair Deluxe with a matching hard cover.
 

And you'll never guess where I found it... in my own hallway closet! How could I forget about this gem and leave it sitting in a pile of spare blankets? Well, I barely knew it was there, in my defense :)  My eldest brought it home after spending an afternoon with his great-grandmother and said 'Punkin gave me this typewriter to give to you' and then he stuck it in the closet. Which is where it has remained, forgotten for the last 6 months. I came across a random blog post where a typewriter was mentioned and I thought 'I'd like to have a typewriter for crafts' and then it hit me- 'I HAVE a typewriter!' As soon as I had five minutes of free time after work, I was digging it out.

I wasn't sure what I would find when I took the cover off but was pleasantly surprised to see everything intact. I crossed my mental fingers when I pushed the first key- hoping that there would be ink on the ribbon- but it looks like I will need to go on the hunt for new ribbons...
 
Oh well, another great vintage item found and it didn't cost me a thing!


2 comments:

Amy said...

That is soooooooooooo cool!!!!!!

Sociogramas said...

Nice blog yyou have

Post a Comment