Friday, March 19, 2010

march madness...

...has begun! One thing you will learn about me is that I am a huge college football and basketball fan. One of my favorite parts about the winter holiday season is the all of the Bowl games. Then comes March and I'm pretty much out of commission while the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is on. I might not have watched a single game prior to the tournament, but it doesn't matter. I love the potential for big upsets by low seeds and the great match ups of closely seeded teams. Yesterday was not a disappointment!

Usually the state of Iowa has at least one team in the tourney and this year it is the University of Northern Iowa (UNI)- one of the three state schools. UNI beat UNLV in the last seconds with this three-point shot

Their next opponent is Kansas, #1 team in the country. UNI has a slim chance of winning but I'll be cheering them on tomorrow anyways! Is there a team you're cheering for?

1 comment:

Post a Comment